This Policy sets out how Horizons Unlimited Pty Ltd, ACN: 079 366 386, with an address at Level 6, 115 Pitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia (Horizons Unlimited) collects, stores, uses, protects and shares your personal information. It applies to the websites at www.horizonsunlimited.com.au and all related websites, applications, services and tools (together the Website).
By visiting or using the Website you agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy.
We reserve the right to amend this Policy at any time by posting the amended terms on the Website. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by means of an email notice so that you access and review the changes. By continuing to use the Website after notice of changes has been sent to you or published on the Website, you are deemed to have consented to the changes.
- Personal Information
In this Policy, we use the term “personal information” to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it cannot be used, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify a specific customer.
- How we collect personal information
Horizons Unlimited collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- when you provide information directly to us in person, by phone or in writing (whether electronic or otherwise);
- when you subscribe to a newsletter or to receive Horizons Unlimited publications;
- when you attend a Horizons Unlimited seminar or training workshop;
- when you visit and/or use the Website, in which case, Horizons Unlimited records information sent by your computer, mobile device or other access device; and
- from third parties such as service providers to Horizons Unlimited, operators of linked websites, applications and advertising on Horizons Unlimited.
- What we collect
We may collect the following types of personal information in order to provide you with access to and use of the Services and Website and for the purposes provided for in this Policy:
- your name, Customer ID’s and passwords, phone number, mobile telephone number, email address, physical address and other contact information;
- financial information such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- records and content of communications with Horizons Unlimited or any other person;
- personal information based on your activities on the Website;
- personal information you provide to us through the Website;
- to the extent permitted by law, other personal information provided by or obtained from third parties (such as a credit bureau) including navigation and demographic data and credit check information;
- additional personal information we ask you to provide to verify your identity or when we suspect that you are in breach of this Policy or the License Agreement (including your personal ID and your answers to any questions we pose to you); and
- personal information from your interaction with the Website including device identifiers, device type, geo-location information, connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, mobile network information, time, date, referring URL, the type of operating system and browser, ad data, IP address and standard web log data.
- How personal information is used
Our principal purpose in collecting, using and storing your personal information is to provide you with access to and use of the Services and the Website in a personalized, safe and efficient manner. You consent to us collecting, using, storing and sharing your personal information to:
- operate the Website, our Services and provide customer support and billing services (including updates and improvements);
- provide the services requested by you;
- research, develop and improve our Services;
- to conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with our services;
- to generate statistics in relation to the Website;
- detect, investigate and prevent potentially unlawful acts or omissions or acts or omissions with the potential to breach our License Agreement or this Policy;
- enforce our License Agreement or this Policy;
- verify information for accuracy or completeness (including by way of verification with third parties);
- combine or aggregate your personal information with information we collect from third parties and use it for the purposes set out in this Policy;
- contact you at the contact details we have collected, by way of voice call, post, text message or email;
- aggregate and/or make anonymous your personal information, so that it cannot be used, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify you;
- collect fees, resolve disputes and to identify, test and resolve problems;
- notify you about the Services and/or Website and updates to the Services and/or Website from time to time; or
- supply you with generalized, targeted or personalized marketing, advertising and promotional notices, offers and communications and measure and improve our marketing, advertising and promotions.
- Opting out
You may withdraw your consent to us collecting, storing, using and disclosing your personal information in accordance with this Policy, but you may not be permitted to continue to use the Services or the Website or some of our services which would otherwise be available under our License Agreement.
You may opt out of receiving our marketing, advertising and promotional notices, offers and communications by communicating this to us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where we disclose to third parties
You agree that we may disclose your personal information to:
- enforce our License Agreement and this Policy;
- comply with any applicable law, request by a governmental agency or regulatory authority or legally binding court order;
- respond to or resolve claims that a customer has violated the rights of others;
- protect a person’s rights, property or safety;
- Horizons Unlimited directors, staff, contractors, professional advisers and related entities;
- outsourced service providers who assist Horizons Unlimited to provide its services such as information technology providers and marketing advisers (including in relation to fee collection, fraud investigations and Website operations);
- third parties to whom you expressly ask us to send, or consent to us sending, your personal information;
- credit agencies (including regarding missed and late payments or other defaults or breaches on your account); or
- such entities that we propose to merge with or be acquired by and in such case, we will require that the new entity following the merger or acquisition adhere to this Policy.
Cookies may be used to provide you with our range of services including to identify you, remember your preferences, customize and measure the effectiveness of the Website and our promotions, advertising and marketing, analyze your usage of the Website, and for security purposes.
Cookies may collect and store your personal information. This Policy applies to personal information collected via cookies. You may adjust your internet browser to disable cookies. If Cookies are disabled, we may not be able to provide you with the full range of Services.
You also may encounter Cookies used by third parties and placed on certain pages of the Website that we do not control and have not authorized. Horizons Unlimited is not responsible nor liable for the use of such Cookies.
- No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
You are prohibited from engaging in spam, spyware or spoofing type activities, regardless of whether directed towards Horizons Unlimited or other customers of Horizons Unlimited.
You must not use the Website to send, upload or distribute spam, viruses or malicious, illegal or prohibited content to the Website or otherwise send content that would breach our License Agreement or this Policy.
We may (or we may engage a third party service provider to) take steps to scan and filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or unlawful or content prohibited by this Policy and our License Agreement.
To report spam, spyware or spoof activities to Horizons Unlimited, email us at email@example.com.
- Accessing and amending your personal information
It is important that you protect your account and Horizons Unlimited password by using unique letters, numbers and special characters and by not sharing your password with any third party. If you disclose or lose control of your password or your personal information to a third party, you may be responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account or with this information including legally binding actions taken on your behalf. If you suspect that your password or account has been comprised, you must immediately notify Horizons Unlimited and change your password.
It is your responsibility to ensure that such information is accurate and up to date.
- Storage and security
You consent to the transfer, storage and retention of information onto the servers of the host provider used from time to time by Horizons Unlimited, regardless of the location of those servers.
Horizons Unlimited has taken steps to protect your personal information. These measures are designed to mitigate, but do not guarantee against, the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration.
- Account Closure
Subject to this clause, if you request us to do so, we will as soon as reasonably practicable close your account.
We may also close, terminate or deactivate inactive accounts or accounts that have been used in breach of our License Agreement and/or this Policy.
In general but subject to other terms of this Policy, personal information from closed, terminated or deactivated accounts will remain on the Website but the login access to the account will be disabled as soon as reasonably practicable after account closure, termination or deactivation so that you and others cannot access the account.
To the extent permitted by law, we reserve the right under certain situations to retain and store your personal information for such period as is deemed necessary by Horizons Unlimited, notwithstanding closure, termination or deactivation of your account. Such situations include where we are required to comply with laws or regulations, the collection of fees owing to Horizons Unlimited, the resolution of disputes, the prevention of fraud, unlawful activity or activity prohibited by this Policy or our License Agreement.
- Information Sharing with Social Websites
We may also offer services that allow you to share public aspects of the Website with third party websites such as YouTube, Google Plus, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and others social media websites.
- Overseas Recipients
We are unlikely to share your information with overseas recipients. However, in the event we do share your information with overseas recipients, we will amend this Policy to include the names of any countries in which we share your information. If you do not agree to share your information with overseas recipients or if you do not agree with the Policy of such overseas country, you may choose to Opt Out, close your account and/or cease use of the Website.
Any issues or complaints concerning this Policy and the terms contained therein should be directed to: Melissa Richardson, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. If the complaint cannot be resolved, you may Opt Out, close your account or cease use of our Website.